How to Lose Weight Fast for Teen Girls – 7 Steps
The teenage or adolescent years are crucial times for women, and battling weight loss on top of it can be hard. This guide of how to lose weight fast for teen girls should help!
During these crucial years, the body is developing, which makes it an important time for creating solid and lasting health and fitness habits.
But, it can be really tough for young girls.
- There is a lot of unnecessary pressure on your body and how it looks.
- There is tons of bad advice out there that won’t get you results.
- The balance of school, friends, sports, and other activities can make keeping up with good eating habits tough!
That’s why I am going to share some steps from our successful diet program with you. These steps will not only help you lose weight, but they will help you lose weight the RIGHT way.
The weight loss will be sustained and help you continue to maintain a great body.
1. Learn how to recognize scammy products, pills, and tricks.
As a young woman, you have probably just started to realize how many products there are out there targeting women looking to lose weight. Lots of them, unfortunately, don’t work.
Many of you will have already fallen for a few of these things.
This is normal and 100% okay.
It’s a normal part of life to make a few mistakes trying to get the right system that works for you and your body. Alex and I have personally purchased dozens of programs, books, and pills only to find that lots of them didn’t work for us.
Learn to recognize what’s scammy (hypey and overdone) vs. what is actually possible.
2. Start learning whether your body is actually hungry or just bored.
As humans, we get pleasure from the food we eat, and it has the ability to make us feel happy. Unfortunately, this leads teen girls to do a lot of overeating from the amount or type of food that is readily available.
Often, you will eat not because you are hungry, but just because you are bored. When we get hungry, we use 2 simple tricks to figuring this out:
- Chew sugar-free gum. This will dull the cravings and has also been shown to help relieve stress.
- Drink a large glass of ice-cold water and wait for 30 minutes before eating. Most of the time, the cravings will go away and you’ll find the body is not actually hungry at all
Which is a good lead into the next important step…
3. Drink water like a camel.
The body you have is made of approximately 50-60% water, so it seems pretty obvious you should be drinking a lot of it.
It helps with:
- Weight loss
- Gives you brighter and clearer skin
- Improves the metabolism
- Increases energy
- Boosts the immune system
- Helps improve workout performance
- Help relieve constipation
- Can relieve headaches
When Alex and I wake up, we start our day by drinking 2 HUGE cups of water, and it always feels great.
Try drinking cucumber water throughout the day if you don’t love drinking plain water.
What you do before you wake up is just as important…
4. Sleep is more important than you think.
When you’re young, getting good sleep seems like a drag. There are so many parties and fun things that happen late at night.
The thing is if you want to lose weight, getting good sleep is not optional. In fact, teens that don’t get 8 hours a night are 50% more likely to be obese than those who do.
That’s pretty compelling evidence that you need more sleep. Get 8 hours a night, because your weight depends on it.
5. Do a carbohydrate detox.
Carbohydrates are usually one of the main culprits behind excess weight gain and bloating. Too many of them will throw off your hormones and put the body into a fat-storing mode.
This is why I recommend doing a carbohydrate detox for a brief period of time if you have more than 10 pounds of extra weight on the body.
This will allow your hormones to reset, your insulin to become more sensitive, and your body to shed any excess water weight being carried.
Remember, this is a detox and not a permanent thing. Carbohydrates can be a very important part of your diet if you have an active lifestyle!
Cutting them will also help you also focus on…
6. Eat a TON of lean protein and veggies.
So if you’re not eating carbohydrates, what should you be eating?… Huge quantities of high-quality lean proteins and loads of low carb vegetables.
The high protein:
- Boosts the metabolism by 80-100 calories depending on the meal
- Cuts down cravings and desire for sweets
- Causes people to eat 441 fewer calories per day
The low carb veggies:
- Provides lots of fiber for better appetite control and satiety
- Gives the body precious vitamins and minerals for better overall health
- Fills you up with virtually 0 calories
Combining these things into meals is the secret to diet success. A couple meal ideas are cage-free eggs with spinach and lean chicken breast with asparagus.
7. Focus on diet first and exercise second.
Exercise is great for the body and provides a ton of awesome health benefits, including…
- Burned calories
- Better blood flow
- Builds lean muscle tissue
However, exercise is not critical for weight loss. You should be exercising… don’t get us wrong, it’s just that your diet will play a much more important role in losing weight than physical activity will.
In other words, you can’t exercise, eat Taco Bell all day, and still expect to lose weight. Focus in on your diet, because getting healthy is 80% diet and 20% exercise.
8. Learn how to lose weight the RIGHT way.
Not to brag too much, but our 21-Day Fat Loss Challenge is the perfect way to start a weight loss journey.
We have had lots of young women lose weight on the program and see fast weight loss results (10-21 pounds in 21 days). If you are a teen girl and ready to make a big and PERMANENT change in your life, this is the place you should start (just make sure to check with your parents that the program is okay for you).
But even better than the weight loss is the feedback we get from people about how the program has taught them how to change their eating habits and find a diet that truly works for them in the long-term.
We have over 1,000 people in our private support group going through the Challenge together, and every day they are sharing experiences, results, motivation, and lots of recipes!
If you are ready to make some changes in your life, this is the ONLY place you should start. We will teach you exactly how to make the necessary changes in your diet and your lifestyle and how to keep them “beyond the diet.”
Leave a comment below if you enjoyed this article on how to lose weight fast for teenage girls or have any questions!
Latest posts by Cathy Dean (see all)
- How to Get Rid of Back Fat for Good - September 21, 2020
- Why Weight Loss May Stop After the Second Week of Dieting – The Truth - September 14, 2020
- 16 Gluten-Free Low-Calorie Meals That Fill You Up - August 31, 2020