6 Butt Exercises for an Instant Booty Pump
See those chicks on Instagram doing workouts with perfectly rounded butts? Chances are, they’ve already done a few sets of certain exercises’ to give them that instant booty pump!
[This is a guest post from our friend Ramona over at Fitniz Fury!]
That pump looks great on videos, but imagine having that look for your next night out… or for your next selfie #nojudging
Well, I’m here to tell you that you won’t need heavy weights or any crazy equipment to get that pump.
All you need is a… resistance band!
These bands are a MUST-HAVE if you want to develop your glutes. There is no question that this is hands-down the best piece of equipment your butt needs!
Got your band? Great! Let’s move on!
What causes that ‘pump’?
That pump is a result of blood flow being directed to your working muscles… and in this case… your butt!
There are many other ways to achieve that pump, one being through proper dieting and nutrition:
- Drink enough water.
- Eat enough carbs before you workout.
- Eat potassium-rich foods like avocado, spinach, banana, dried apricots, sweet potato and coconut water.
- Eat magnesium-rich foods like spinach, swiss chard, almonds, pumpkin seeds, dried figs, dark chocolate and banana.
- Supplement with creatine (5g a day).
Now that we have covered the recommended equipment and nutrition, let’s move on to some tips to help you get started.
Tips Before Getting Started
This type of training requires light to no weight, so resistance bands are perfect! Ideally, you want to maintain your form and perform the move as fast as possible… like a pumping action.
Make sure you are going through the full range of motion and not cheating by moving too quickly and losing your form. Slow down if you feel that you might be compromising your form.
If you’re doing it right, you will feel a burn in your glutes while performing these… and that’s a good thing! Keep pushing through it!
These exercises will make your muscles feel sore while performing them and probably a little the following day, but you should recover quickly because they aren’t performed with heavy weights.
- Choose any two exercises below and set your timer for 3 minutes.
- Perform 20-30 reps of each exercise before switching to the next one.
- Alternate these two exercises for the full 3 minutes without taking breaks.
- Repeat the steps above with the next two exercises and then another set with the last two exercises.
Always, always, always keep your mind on actively engaging your glutes throughout the exercises. If you go through the motions without concentrating on flexing your glutes, you won’t get much out of these exercises.
The following butt exercises are brought to you [and performed by] our friend Ramona over at Fitnizfury.
Band Frog Pumps
During this exercise, make sure to keep your back flat and not arched at all.
Band Hip Thrusts
Lift your toes slightly and push from your heels throughout this exercise.
Band Seated Hip Abduction
Remember to lean forward in this butt exercise. If you’re doing it right, it will work will your outer glute muscles.
Band Lateral Walk
In this exercise, you’re going to be in a ‘half squat’ position. Keep your chest upright and don’t lean forward too much.
Double Pulse Squats
Similar to the exercise above, make sure to keep your chest upright and don’t lean forward too much.
Band Diagonal Walk
Keep both legs and glutes tensed throughout this exercise.
It comes with everything you need to get that Booty in shape at home including…
- Complete 12-week Workout Plan with 50 of the Best Butt Exercises,
- Exercise Videos, Images, and Instructions
- and Warm-ups, Finishers, and Tricks to get that ‘Instant Booty Pump’ for Special Occasions!
The exercises in this at-home guide are low-impact and suitable for any fitness level!
You’ll also get a FREE Nutrition Guide to help you with your body goals!
This guide is filled with information from some of the biggest names in the fitness industry and also shows you how to target different areas of your butt, increase your mind-muscle connection, and get the most out of every butt workout!
If you enjoyed these butt exercises or have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!
Latest posts by Cathy Dean (see all)
- How to Get Rid of Back Fat for Good - September 21, 2020
- Why Weight Loss May Stop After the Second Week of Dieting – The Truth - September 14, 2020
- 16 Gluten-Free Low-Calorie Meals That Fill You Up - August 31, 2020